Monday, April 20, 2015

Panasonic Toughbook CF-29

Hey guys, and welcome at another post.

Today I want to talk about my new laptop. Its a rugged laptop called the Panasonic Toughbook CF-29. The one I've bought is a little underpowered, but the keyboard works very well actually, it takes some time to get used to but after a while it types really nice.

Unlike the CF-30 model that my dad has, the CF-29 does not have a backlighted keyboard, and the keyboard doesn't have thin keys. Its running a 1.60 Pentium M (Centrino) and has 1.5 gigabytes of RAM. As I said before its a bit underpowered, but I don't need a very powerful machine. I'm going to install Photoshop CS3, and Windows XP. I'm going to install Windows XP becuase its lighter. Its running Windows 7, but the only problem with it are the drivers. Some drivers aren't available for Windows 7, so the speakers don't work, and the media keys aren't working to. When I've installed Windows XP on the laptop, this problem should be solved because the laptop originally shipped with Windows XP.

If you're a follower of my blog you probably know that I have a MacBook from 2008, but actually I'm only using it on my desk and I'm traveling short distances with it. I'm going to Hungary next year, and to Paris in October, so that's one of the reasons why I've bought this laptop. Its very strong because of the magnesium body. Its also water, dust and drop free. If you search on YouTube, you can see that a Chevy Impala is driving over it, and steering on it and after the test the laptop is still working. The screen isn't broken, the keyboard works, so they're basically indestructible.

My dad has a Panasonic CF-30 so I'm going to do a review on that laptop very soon. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment