Thursday, April 2, 2015

Are PowerPC Macs still useful in 2015

Hello guys, and welcome at a new post,

Today I am going to talk about some older Apple computer. Some people say that they aren't worth anything these days, but they are. They aren't really useful anymore, because you can't even really use them for surfing the web. The browsers are to old, and watching YouTube video's is a really big disaster. Using Safari to watch a video is almost impossible, so if you're using a PowerPC Mac, I suggest YouView. When I used it, it was still in beta, but it ran really smooth, and I hadn't any problems with it at all.

Lets move on, to my opinion, because I think that PowerPC are worthless in 2015, but if you're going to wait another ten or twenty years, they may be worth something. Personally I think its a waste to throw old an old Apple computer in the trash, because you can always use them as a server. I am going to start a project soon, that involves my old Mac Mini G4, I am going to hook it up, and use it as a server to store all my files, and create back-ups wireless. So if you'll have an old PowerPC Mac, look for someone that can give it a second life, because maybe you can make someone very happy with your old computer.

Thanks for reading, if you'll have another opinion, just leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment