Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mac Mini project

Hello guys, and welcome at another post.

Today I want to talk about my Mac Mini, if you've read my setup post you'll maybe know a little more about my Mac Mini but there has been a change of plans. I'm going to use it as a server again, I've got a Toughbook now, so I can use that as a second computer, and maybe even for guests. I'm going to build a small place underneath my desk, and its going to be like a sort of cabinet. I'm going to buy some fans that go into a regular pc, but instead I'm cutting holes in the top and side of the cabinet, and screw those fans in those hols to keep the server nice and cold.

I'm going to install OS X 10.5.8 Leopard on it, and connect it to the internet using an Airport Extreme because the Airport card in the Mac Mini is broken. I'm going to buy an external CD/DVD player/burner from eBay and 2 terabytes of external storage for the Mini. I think the whole setup for the server is finished in a month or something. So if you're curious about that, sure to check our blog soon again because I'm probably going to post more information about it, and the products I've need for it.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment