Monday, April 6, 2015

My computer experience and why I am using OS X

Hello guys and welcome at another post.

Today I am going to talk about why I am using OS X, because in the Netherlands a lot of people use Windows, and sometimes people ask me why I am using OS X.

I haven't always used a Mac, I started using OS X in 2006, because my dad bought a Mac Mini, but that was the only Mac in the house. Me and my brother had a Windows computer at the time, I believe it was an HP Compaq with an Intel Pentium 4 processor. I wasn't using my computer much at the time, so I never needed an upgrade, but in 2009 or something, I've started using my dads Mac Mini more, because I needed to do a school project, and I needed Photoshop for that. My dad used Photoshop all the time, so he had it installed on his Mac, and I hadn't.

So when I was using the computer I was going to like OS X. At first I didn't liked it at all, it didn't worked for me, I accidentally removed something from the dock, and I didn't knew how to replace it. I wasn't used to using a Mac at all. But when I was doing that school project, I had to use the computer more and more, and eventually I really liked OS X, and after that week I almost never touched my pc ever again. In 2008, my dad bought a PowerMac G5, because G4 and G5 systems where really useable at the time, and I was so happy when he bought that PowerMac G5, because his older Mac Mini G4, was now mine. And because of that Mac Mini G4, I wanted to learn more about computers. So I worked for 3 more years on my Mac Mini G4, until my dad decided to buy a brand new Mac Mini, and that was the moment that I became the new owner of his older PowerMac G5.

I really loved that PowerMac G5, it was so fast, even in 2011 it was a really good computer but computers with a PowerPC processor started losing support. After 6 months the computer was broken, and I had to throw it away because it was taking up to much space, and I wish I didn't throw it away because when I was doing some research, I discovered that I only had to remove the Airport card. So yes, I threw a perfectly fine PowerMac G5 out. and I was actually sad about it, but luckily I always had my reliable Mac Mini which I've still have, I don't use it, but I don't want to throw it away, because its that computer that started my curiosity in technology. So I've used my Mac Mini for 2 more years, and at the end of 2013, I've bought my MacBook, and I'm writing this blogpost using it. And I really like Mac, and I love my MacBook, I am looking forward to make an upgrade, and buying a brand new Mac Book pro Retina.



No comments:

Post a Comment