Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Mac Mini Project part 3

Hello guys, and welcome at another post, today I want to continue to talk about my Mac Mini project. I recommend reading the first two parts before this one.

I need to do a lot of research still because I want to let the server run perfectly. I was thinking of putting it in an Antec case, but I think I'm going to do something else. I want to build a shelve for my server, with nice cable management, a lot of storage for my music and movies and other important files. So I'm going to buy a shelve, and put the Mini on it with the hard drives. I think I am going to daisy chain the hard drives using Firewire so I'm just taking one USB port, and keep the other one free. The hard drives are going on the same shelves next to the Mac Mini, with the cables nicely hidden.

I was thinking about using screenshare with my MacBook, because I have another VGA port free on my computer. So I think I'm just to use it like that because its a lot easier. But then there is the keyboard and mouse problem, and I've already got an idea for that. I'm going to buy a cheaper Logitech mouse with a bluetooth dongle. You can connect up to eight devices on one dongle I think, and I've already got a wireless Logitech mouse that uses a dongle just like that but I've lost it when I moved. So if I buy a cheap mouse that use a dongle like that, I can just connect the keyboard to the Mac Mini and used it whenever I wanted.

I need a screen to use the server on of course, and I'm getting a Cinema Display as soon as possible, so I'm going to wall mount my current monitor. I already have a tv table with a shelve, so maybe I'm going to put the Mac Mini on that shelve, with the mouse and keyboard on top of the table, so it isn't in my way when I'm working at my desk, but I can easily access it.

So this was it for my post, I hoped you liked it. As I said before I need to do a lot of research, and if I have something worthy to write a post about, I'm surely going to do it. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment