Monday, April 27, 2015

Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 vs CF-30

Hello guys and welcome at another post, today I'm going to do a battle between two Panasonic Tougbooks, so lets get started!

For people who don't know what Toughbooks are, they are rugged laptops. They are very strong, and are almost indestructible. If you spill your drink on it, it won't be a problem. If it falls of your desk, it isn't a problem. If you accidentally decide to jump on it, it won't be a problem. But I own two models, so I had the possibility to test them both and I have to admit, they are great machines. As the name says, they are both tough. I did the same tests with both of them, but from what I experienced with them, they are both equal in strength.

So lets start with the CF-29, its not very powerful, but its useful for most things. There is one huge disadvantage however, the drivers aren't complete on Windows 7, for example: My sound doesn't work because of the driver. You can force the computer to run older drivers, but this doesn't always work with my experience. I really like the design of the lid, its much more detailed than the lid of the CF-30 and it has an antenna. My CF-29 has an Intel Pentium M (Centrino) 1.60 GHz, 1GB of RAM and a 8 GB hard drive. These specs are pretty worthless by todays standard, I mean a computer from around 300 euro's is faster than my Toughbook in almost every way, but of course not every notebook is rugged. I really like the laptop in every way and all tough I don't use it all the time, its just fun to play around with them.

The CF-30 is a lot more powerful compared with the CF-29, and most models are equipped with a touchscreen, that works with your fingers but its just better to use the stylus. Mine has a 1.60 GHz Intel Centrino processor, and a backlighted keyboard so the keys are very easy to see in the dark. It is a lot quicker that my Toughbook CF-29. They are more expensive of course, but they are more powerful. I don't really know the specs of the graphics card, but I do know that is uses integrated graphics, and it works fine for your everyday work. I may have mentioned it in my other posts before, but the hard drive has heating elements in in, which heat up the hard drive first before it powers up the computer. The same for the LCD panel so the computer is very useable in cold weather conditions. A thing that I really like about the CF-30, and the CF-29 is that its completely fan less, so its very silent. And if you stick a SSD into the hard drive caddy it just doesn't make a sound at all.

So if you want a cheaper Toughbook, I would recommend getting the CF-30. I mean its more expensive than the CF-29 but its faster, and most of the drivers are still supported with Windows 7. If your looking for a laptop and just wanted to buy a Toughbook just because they look cool, I won't recommend getting one. You can get laptops with the same specs for less money, but if price isn't important to you, get one because they look really beast on your setup!

I hoped you learned something of this post, if you own a Toughbook, let me know what you like about it. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Get best industrial laptops like rugged laptops, terminals, rugged handheld computers, computers rugged mobile devices and many more which helps in industrial work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a Very Interesting post thanks for sharing.visit here
    tough rugged laptops in KSA

    ReplyDelete