Saturday, April 18, 2015

My setup

Hello guys, and welcome at another post.

I want to talk about my setup, but its going to change very quickly around October. And why am I doing this post now, well I'm so excited for it, and I have to do a lot of research and savings. I maybe get the opportunity to create my own home office in October, at least that what he says. I'm going to put a large 2 meter desk right in front of a nice big window, with a nice light wood colored top, and I'm going to put my 23 inch Apple Cinema Display, and my MacBook on a nice aluminum stand, in a corner, so I have about 1.20 meters of space to set up another computer.

That computer is going to be my Mac Mini G4. I'm not sure about which operating systems I'm going to put on there, I'm thinking about Ubuntu and Leopard. Its probably going to be Ubuntu because its free, and is very light, and if you do it right compatible with a G4 computer. I want to use my G4 because its small, is in great shape, and you can hide it very easy for a clean setup. I'm thinking of buying a Apple Cinema Display 20 inch for the Mac Mini, because you can get those very cheap from eBay, and they match very nice with the Mac Mini. I'm going to buy a wired Apple keyboard and Mighty mouse as well. I'm probably going to use this computer as a quest computer, because my twin brother visits me a lot, and I want to make a workplace for him, without him buying a new computer.

I'm also going to buy another desk from about 1.50 meters, for my dad, so he can work there as well, and for other guests who are bringing there own laptop. I'm very excited about this, and I'm going to keep you guys updated about everything. I'm going to do a lot of research first, and if I really get the opportunity to create a real home office in October, I will go start ordering, and buying all my stuff.

Thanks for reading everyone, I will put a quick design of the room in the next post, because I'm going to post every bit of progress I make online!

No comments:

Post a Comment