Tuesday, April 21, 2015

More plans for my Mac Mini project (Part 2)

Hello guys, and welcome at another post.

Today I'm going to talk about some more plans for my Mac Mini server project. So I was thinking, I was searching for some things in my garage, until I found an Antec case, its
a media case, and it has already two fans it, so I was thinking if I could mount the hard drives in the hard drive mounts, and get the fans working.

I need to do some research about it, but I think its a very cool idea to create a server out of an old Antec case. If I could just safely mount the Mac Mini so it doesn't move in the case. I'm going g to hang some shelves in the office so if it isn't to heavy I'll maybe able to put the case on the shelve.

I did some thinking about the OS, and I'm going to put Leopard on it very soon. With Leopard the OS is very familiar to me, so that's the reason I'm going to do it using Leopard. My plan was to keep the setup as clean as possible so I'm not going to have an external monitor, mouse, and keyboard. I'm going to do everything using screenshare, this is an option that's build into a Mac, so it should be very easy to set everything up.

I'm going to do some research about the Antec case, because it would look so cool to have a Mac Mini as a server in a dedicated case. I think the next part is uploaded at the beginning of next week. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment