Thursday, April 30, 2015

Hackintosh computers

Hey guys and welcome at another post, today I want to talk about Hackintosh computers, so lets get started.

I know a lot of people that want to own a Mac, but just can't afford one, and so I often get the question: Is there a way to run OS X on your average Windows pc. And there is. I made a Hackintosh computer using Niresh, it was a Dell Dimension from 2006 and it ran terrible, it was sluggish and slow. But if you've got a more powerful pc, I'm sure it will be able to run OS X Mavericks at least.

I had some more problems with my installation, I had to download the GPU drivers, because the resolution was all stretched out, and it looked terrible. At a point the mouse stopped working, it wouldn't open documents, and it showed a lot of error messages. I'm sure that I just had to install the drivers, but OS X doesn't support a lot of graphics cards so if you have the wrong graphics card and there aren't any drivers for it its pretty much useless. So of you want to run OS X on your pc, make sure that all the hardware is supported by OS X, and that your pc is powerful enough to run a supported version of OS X (minimal OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard)

One thing is still unclear for me. A lot of people that asked me to put OS X on their pc's had a Core 2 Duo processor in it, and with a similar GPU as in the 2006-2008 MacBooks. And you can find those computers on eBay very cheaply so why are they trying to put OS X on an old pc, when you can just buy a MacBook for 250 dollars. If you need the specs of a Mac Pro, but just can't afford a Mac Pro I can see why you want to make a Macintosh. And if you've got an old Macintosh case, for example the PowerMac G3, and want to put modern hardware in it I understand why you want a Hackintosh as well. But for people that are using older hardware, like a Core 2 Duo processor, an older motherboard, and GPU I can't see the point.

So if you want to build a Hackintosh computer, and you know what you are doing, its fine and everything should run well, but do your research before you start building your Hackintosh. But for the people that are using older computers I highly recommend getting a MacBook or Mac Mini from eBay, or buy another pc, so you can experiment with your old one. If your building a Hackintosh right know, good luck and let me know in the comments, because I want to do it as well at some point, but then using a PowerMac G4, or G5 case. The only downside of this, is the case modding if you want more information about a Hackintosh in a G4 case, visit the YouTube channel: ItsMyNaturalColour.



I hoped you liked this post, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment