Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mac Mini Project part 4

Hello guys, and welcome at another blogpost. Today I want to talk more about my Mac Mini project, because its a very fun project. If you have an old Mac Mini, and if you aren't using it anymore, you can use it as a server as well. Its very easy, and the computer doesn't consume much electricity so its very cheap to run.

As I said in part 3 of the Mac Mini project series, I've wanted to make a special shelve, and I'm probably going to stick to that plan, so now thats all clear I will have to think about which hard drives I'm going to use. I'm thinking of using Firewire 400 because those are more easy to daisy chain. For the people that doesn't know what daisy chain means, it actually means connecting one hard drive to your computer, and then just keep connecting the hard drives to each other. But this is way more easier with Firewire. The other reason I want to use Firewire, is because its faster than USB 2.0.

I'm probably going to buy 2 hard drives with 2TB storage each. This way, I have enough space on the shelve for future upgrades. I'm hoping to get at least one year of use from the Mac Mini G4, before I'm going to upgrade to a Mac Mini Core 2 Duo.

I'm am going to set everything up later this week, so part 5 will be posted at the end of this week, or the beginning of next week. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment