Saturday, May 9, 2015

Can Ubuntu replace OS X?

Hello everyone, and welcome at a new post, today I'll have a very interesting topic in my opinion, I'm going to talk about Ubuntu and OS X, and if Ubuntu can replace OS X in my opinion.

So lets start with the looks and user-friendliness. Both operating systems look a little bit like each other, and they work a bit the same. Compare Ubuntu and its way more different. I had no trouble finding any applications or settings because it all make sense. Everything is so well made in Ubuntu, and the fact that its free is completely mind-blowing for me. I've really enjoyed using the operating system, there are a lot of free apps for the operating system, from screen recording programs to writing programs, and all tough they aren't real known applications, they really work very well, and the best thing is everything is free, you won't have to pay a penny. I had no trouble connecting hardware at all, it recognized my studio microphone right away, I just had to set some things up for a better sound quality, and everything was set up to start testing.

I really like OS X, and I think that thats al clear because this blog isn't called Apple Macintosh Blog for a reason. My daily driver is a MacBook from 2008, and I love it. Its not fast, and I don't like it because of the design because there are a lot more nicer pc's out there, but I've just bought it for its operating system. In my opinion OS X is really user-friendly, and some other people have the same opinion, because my brother was staying at my house for a few days, and he forgot is own laptop at home so he had to make a project on my Mac. And I had to show him a few little things, but most things he just figured out himself and he almost never touched a Mac before. But I have to admit, the operating system is getting a lot more advanced and a lot less user-friendly because my dad has a computer that can run OS X Yosemite, and even I, a person that have used OS X for years sometimes have problems finding some files and that sort of stuff.

So know that you know a bit more about the operating system, lets look if Ubuntu can replace OS X for me, and why or why not. As I said I really like working on Ubuntu, and sometimes more than I love to work on my Mac, its free which is great, and a lot of great apps are free. I fully understand the operating system, and I know where to find all the files that I'm ever going to need. But I don't think its going to be capable of replacing OS X for me, because I really love to work with OS X, and all tough I love working on Ubuntu, and sometimes more than I love working on OS X, its just not going to do it. The apps are great, and I love almost everything about the operating system, but I also love to use OS X, and I've used it for years. And OS X works really great with my microphone, and my iPod and iPad. But if I wouldn't have my iDevices, and if I aren't so used to it, I would maybe switch to Ubuntu. But I don't think its going to happen soon, and I keep using OS X for a very long time I think.

I hope you liked this post, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment