Friday, January 29, 2016

Is the Lenovo C40 a budget computer or just cheap?

There are a lot of all in one pc’s out there, and when I was browing the web a few days ago I just started researching which all in one pc would be the best for under $500, and let me tell you, there aren’t a lot of them out there but I found one and I really like this pc.

Lets start with the design which is nice. I mean its not high end or anything but its a 500 dollar computer so you can’t expect any metal or something like that. The computer is made from shiny plastic which isn’t a problem for some people but personally I don’t like shiny plastic because its a real fingerprint magnet. The Lenovo C40 has build in sound which is to be expected from an all in one computer, and it has front facing speakers and thats a big con for me because if your listening to music or watching a movie its important that the sound is facing towards you and not away from you. If you want to videochat its not a problem because Skype comes pre-installed and it has an 720p HD webcam up front, so you can Skype with your friends and family on its 21.5” full HD screen.

The specs of this all in one aren’t the best, its useable but you can’t compare it to the iMac. This model uses an Intel Pentium 3825U clocked at 1.9 GHz and it has 2MB of cache the 4GB of RAM is useable, but 8 would be better. Even for the day to day tasks. It uses the intergrated HD Graphics but this pc is not made for gaming so thats all right I think. Windows runs flawlessly on this Lenovo which is to be expected because its still a 500 dollar pc. If you want to game I think its possible, but don’t expect to play GTA V because it isn’t made for gaming. This computer is made for home or business, so actually its made to do your basic stuff on it like e-mailing, text-editing and some web browsing. Light games like Minecraft and League of Legends will work, but I don’t think its a smart idea to play Battlefield on this computer.  

As expected this computer isn’t really great, but for day to day tasks its perfect, and its great for the price. I want to thank you all for reading, and until the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment