Friday, October 9, 2015

My ultimate setup for 2016!

Hello everybody and welcome at another post,

In three months from now I will own my first Mac Pro, and my current setup is well, a bit simple. I was thinking, maybe its a good plan to give my setup an upgrade as well with the most important thing being the desk. The desk I'm currently using is just a simple white table, with no drawers or anything. I seriously want a new desk, but my room isn't the biggest, so after some serious thinking I decided that a corner desk is the way to go.

My computer screen doesn't necessarily need an upgrade, its a full HD Iiyama Prolite, 24 inch with one VGA port, one DVI port and one HDMI port, so the screen isn't my biggest concern, but it would be nice to own an Apple Cinema Display 23 or 24 inch, and an Apple keyboard and mouse so I have a complete Apple setup. I will buy a Cinema Display somewhere in 2016, because I love the design of those monitors and a Cinema Display will look very nice because the desk I'm buying is going to be white.

Cable management is something I really want to improve when I have a Mac Pro, because its a desktop, and it requires a lot more cables than a laptop. I only have around 5 cables plugged in to my laptop now, so there's not a lot to manage there, but a desktop computer requires a lot more cables. Luckily most Ikea desks have cable managements trays underneath the desk, and if they don't I'm just going to buy the Ikea Signum. The Ikea Signum is a bracket, where you just throw all of your cables in, and they're out of sight. There will be some minor changes as well, I'm going to get a broadcasting stand for my microphone so it isn't taking space on my desk all the time, and I'm probably going to get a new speaker system, nothing crazy, probably just a 2.1 set.

Unfortunately I didn't had any important to tell, but I did want to post something. I do hope to have this setup done in September next year. Of course I'm posting updates about the Mac Pro, and the change for my setup.

Thanks for reading, and until the next one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment