Friday, October 2, 2015

Building a pc

Hello everybody and welcome to another post.

As mentioned in the last post, I am building a pc for my brother, just to make clear I am keeping my promise, I haven't spend any money because my brother is paying for everything but as he doesn't know anything about computers I am building his pc.

Its an AMD build with an AMD Radeon R7 240 with 2GB DDR3 VRAM from Sapphire, an AMD FX 8350 Black Edition with 8 cores and 4 GHz, 8 GB of RAM, an Asrock 970 Pro3 R2.0, a Kingston 120 GB and a random 1TB Western Digital HDD I had spare in one of my drawers.

So the build was very fun. It was my first real build and it went almost flawlessly, I had a few problems here and there, but nothing really serious, actually configuring the hard drive correctly was the hardest part. I was lucky to have an old Pentium 4 pc, because my the case of the computer is my Antec Three Hundred gaming case with my Corsair CX600 power supply and he is also using my RAM and well we missed some screws and that sort of stuff. The graphics card wouldn't fit correctly at first, but after some fiddling around I got it to fit nice and tight.

Everything went flawlessly and with everything installed the computer works and it hasn't crashed once. It plays GTA V and the Elder Scrolls Online on Ultra, so that's very nice. I am going to do a benchmarks challenge with this pc against my future Mac Pro 2008 8 core. We all know the outcome already but I think it would be fun for a post.

So thats it for today, thanks for reading and until the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment