Thursday, November 12, 2015

My ultimate desk setup

Hello everybody and welcome at a new post.

I've bought a new desk a while ago, so a huge part of my ultimate desk setup is already completed. I will purchase some other things. After doing a lot of research I came to the decision that buying a Iiyama Prolite E2483 HS is the best way to go. Sure an Apple Cinema Display looks really nice but its a bit outdated. And the funny thing is, a 23 inch aluminum Cinema Display is almost the same price as a brand new Iiyama Prolite. My current monitor isn't for sale anymore but it is a wonderful monitor, so I'm just buying the newer one because the bezels are the same size and the panel is probably the same. Its a full HD LED screen, so it won't use a lot of electricity either.

I'm going to purchase an used Mac Pro 1.1 next month and it will see some mayor upgrades to keep it up with modern computing. I am going to upgrade the processors from 2x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon's (Woodcrest) to two Quad Core Intel Xeon's (Costa Rica) and I am going to put a Nvidia Geforce GT 720 in it so its nice and fast again.

And to fully complete the setup I will be buying a new Apple Wireless keyboard and the Apple Magic Mouse 2. I am looking for a new MacBook, but that is the last thing I'm going to upgrade because my early 2008 MacBook is just fine for when I'm on the road. If I'm buying another laptop I will probably go for the 2012 MacBook Pro or the 2014 MacBook Air. When this is al completed my dream setup is done.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post, thanks for reading and until the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment