Sunday, September 13, 2015

New computers, plans for the future.

Hello everybody and welcome at a new post. I know that it has been a very long time, and I'm sorry for that, but a new year at high school has started, and I need to really concentrate on school. But with that out of the way, lets start with what is in my eyes a very exciting post!

So my birthday is coming up, and I'm turning 16 which means that in the Netherlands at least, I am allowed to work. Not full-time off course because its illegal to quit school until your 18. But as I am going to get a job soon, it also means that I'm going to earn some money to buy some new equipment, including a Mac Pro 1.1.

I know the 1.1 is a bit outdated by todays standards but I'm trying to make it work. I'm turning 16 in 4 months so I have a lot of time to do my research, but as I am already filling up in information since May this year I'm pretty sure that the Mac Pro is worth it for me at least. I will be getting the base model with  2x Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz Dual Core, which make it a Quad Core combined, and I will be upgrading the RAM to 10 GB as soon as I purchased the Mac. I am going to upgrade to graphics card eventually to run Yosemite, and maybe even El Capitan depending if developers had created something which makes this possible. The reason for me buying a 2006 Mac Pro is because they are dirt cheap and I think it will serve me well for at least two years, and this is the only thing I will be asking of this machine. Because when I turned 18 I'm done with high school, and I finished my MBO 4. (MBO 4 is some kind of college, but it takes 3 years to complete) and after that I can work full time as a graphics designer, so I can save up money for a brand new iMac, but thats for another story.

As I said, the Mac Pro's 1.1 are dirt cheap and me being on a tight budget and needing something more powerful then my MacBook this seems like a good temporary choice, I don't need a very powerful machine at all. The only considerable heavy tasks I'm going to throw at it are Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro once in a while. My MacBook handles this fairly well, but I also want a desktop computer. I all ready have a Apple wireless keyboard, a Mighty Mouse and a 24 inch full HD LED display but I can't use those with my MacBook because my desk is to small and I don't like to cram everything on a tiny desk. With the Mac Pro on the other hand, everything fits perfectly, and thats why I want one so badly.

So until that time I will post some post about regular things, like upgrading my pc, with some things I have already have so I won't lose any money on it, and every bit of money I earn is going straight in to the Mac Pro piggybank.

So thanks for reading everybody and until the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment